Last night, we ordered some Thai Basil to go because it was so late by the time I got home. It's been a little while since we got food from there, so I had kind of forgotten how yummy our usual was. We always order: Spicy Basil Fried Rice (usually with seafood for more flavor) and Pad Kee Maw (it's a less-saucy version of pad see ew). Lucas finished first and headed upstairs to work on homework, so I was left with the rest of the food. Usually, we have to pack up leftovers, but it was so tasty! I told myself that I should just finish it all to avoid having to put it in a storage container. I was so full afterwards that this pic of Tina is very fitting for my current state at the time:
Before having children, I hated children. I couldn’t understand them, and found them incredibly annoying. I never gave a second thought to being a mom unlike some who aspire to be one their whole lives. One day, I would become a mom after marriage and that would be that. The only fact I knew for sure was that I definitely wanted to have more than one child. Being an only child, I recognized the importance of giving the gift of a sibling to my first. Approaching motherhood going on four years now with two babes has given me new perspective on what it’s all about. I’ve been asked before on the merits of becoming a mom or having children, and while it’s easy to complain about all the difficult parts, it has always been insurmountable to fully put into words the gravity or the magnitude of such a decision on my life. Obviously, people say, children bring such joy and a newness to life that you have left behind in your childhood or forgott...

cute Tina tummy!
ReplyDelete