Skip to main content

Black sesame ice cream

I was reading Audrey mag this weekend, and saw this excerpt:

Home cooking from asian cuisines??  Oh yea, sign me up!  I immediately went to the wordpress blog referenced via feedly on my phone, and got stopped by a recipe I saw.  First, I have to mention that I've been meaning to use up some whole milk and heavy cream that I've had in my fridge since valentine's.  I originally purchased them to attempt to make Gordon Ramsay's souffle for Lucas for Valentine's:

But, I ended up not having enough time or energy to do it after attempting Lobster (shrimp) truffle mac n cheese.  So...back to the milk, they were both just past their expiration dates, but have never been opened.  So, they needed to be used or tossed.



That is why this receipe stood out to me from her blog:

Ice cream is a surefire way to get rid of some milkiness, especially uber fattening milk.  Hehe...
So I started whisking together the heavy cream, whole milk, vanilla, salt, and sugar:



After coursely grinding up black sesame seeds my mom left me when she was in town, I slowly poured them in after pouring in the milk mixture into the ice cream maker. 


After about 30 min. I started seeing this:


After scooping out the ice cream to put in the freezer, I had this much leftover in the ice cream maker.  What to do with the leftovers?


Eat it of course!  Haha..

Comments

  1. Yum! looks delish! hurray for using the ice cream maker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! I saw the recipe too. I love black sesame anything!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Outlook on Motherhood & Life

Before having children, I hated children.  I couldn’t understand them, and found them incredibly annoying.  I never gave a second thought to being a mom unlike some who aspire to be one their whole lives.  One day, I would become a mom after marriage and that would be that.  The only fact I knew for sure was that I definitely wanted to have more than one   child.  Being an only child, I recognized the importance of giving the gift of a sibling to my first. Approaching motherhood going on four years now with two babes has given me new perspective on what it’s all about. I’ve been asked before on the merits of becoming a mom or having children, and while it’s easy to complain about all the difficult parts, it has always been insurmountable to fully put into words the gravity or the magnitude of such a decision on my life.  Obviously, people say, children bring such joy and a newness to life that you have left behind in your childhood or forgott...

1 + 1 = X_X

After bath shenanigans Going from one child to two has got to be the toughest in my opinion.  Lucas thought going from 0 to 1 was more shocking since everything was so new and different.  But, for me, I knew that my whole life would be turned upside down once we had a child, so I had zero expectations.  It's not that I had expectations this time around, but we already had certain patterns and established relationships as a family of three.  I loved being Ethan's mom.  Although he drove me insane with his tantrums, I relished picking out his clothes, dressing him, brushing his teeth, bathing him, and especially, putting him to bed with books and lullabies.  I wanted to be there for him at the start and end of his days.  I wanted to be able to anticipate his every thought and desire before he needed to express it.  I wanted to be the best mom I could ever be. Shortly before Leila was due, about a month or two out, I realized th...